Purchase or Rent over 150,000 movies and TV episodes Browse the Amazon Instant Video library. Share your screen with the Kindle Fire HDX Fling movies and TV shows from your tablet to your Samsung 2013 Smart TV using Second Screen. You need to follow the below easy steps to set up amazon prime video app on your Vizio tv. If Amazon prime app is already installed on your vizio smart tv, then you need to go to your tv’s home screen and click on the Amazon prime video app icon. Note: If amazon prime app is not installed, then you need to install app from vizio app store.
Watching Amazon Prime Video on your phone is all well and good – it’s a pretty decent experience, to be honest – but sometimes you want that full TV experience.
Amazon Prime App For Smart Tv
If you are a user of Prime Video and like using the service anywhere then you are in luck, there’s a load of options. However, there may be some who don’t even use mobile devices for their streaming services consumption or just crave a bigger screen. Here’s how you can watch Amazon Prime Video on your TV.
Related: Read our full Amazon Prime Video review
How can I watch Amazon Prime Video on my TV?
Amazon Prime Video App For Smart Tv
There are two simple methods for watching Amazon Prime Video on your TV. The first requires owning a Smart TV. If you own a Smart TV, you should be able to head to your TV brand’s app store, locate the Prime Video app, download and then get watching.
If you are having trouble finding the Prime Video Smart TV application on your TV’s store, head on over to the manufacturer website (ideally, with your model number in hand) and check to see if they support Amazon’s streaming service.
Next, there’s a range of devices you can plug into your TV (usually via an HDMI port) to get access to Amazon Prime Video – from Amazon’s own Fire TV devices to Google Chromecast, Apple TV, Nvidia Shield, Roku and more.
Related: Have your say on the best streaming service
All these providers offer various models that may support different standards for watching Amazon Prime Video as well as having different restrictions or features depending on their relationship with Amazon. Be sure to check the link below for the full list of streaming devices and what features they support.
As for other methods, some set-top boxes and Blu-ray players may also support downloading the Amazon Prime Video app. Here’s the full list of Amazon Prime Video-supported devices.
Amazon Prime App For Smart Tv
Once you get Prime Video all set-up, you’ll get access to a great range of shows – from The Boys and Star Trek: Picard to The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and Homecoming.
Amazon Prime App For Lg Smart Tv
Using the desktop software
- Sign into your account using the MyHarmony desktop software and select your remote from the gallery.
- Select the Activities tab on the left and click the Add Activity button.
Install Amazon Prime Video App For Smart Tv
- Select the Watch Smart TV Activity type and rename the Activity to something descriptive, such as 'Living Room TV'.
(Harmony Smart Keyboard users should select the predefined Smart TV Activity type)
- Select the devices that are needed as part this Activity and set your television as the channel changing device.
- Select the device that's used to control the volume. Either your AV receiver, or if you do not use one, your television.
- Select the input that your Smart TV uses when using the apps. This may appear in the list as Smart Home, Smart Hub, or if available, the direct app you'd like to watch, such as Netflix.
- Select the input that your AV receiver must be set to and sync your remote.
If you have added your cable/satellite box (cable box, satellite receiver, etc.) you can select it as the channel changing device. This will correctly assign the channel changing commands to the cable/satellite box and not the TV.