Prime Video is a streaming video service by Amazon. Prime Video benefits are included with an Amazon Prime membership and if Amazon Prime isn't available in your country/region, you can join Prime Video to watch. With your membership, you can watch hundreds of. Enjoy exclusive Amazon Originals as well as popular movies and TV shows. Watch anytime, anywhere. Start your free trial. Select Alternative Audio Tracks or Audio Descriptions on Prime Video on Web, Amazon Devices and Mobile Devices; Turn on Subtitles or Captions on Prime Video on Connected Devices; Turn on Subtitles or Captions on Prime Video on Web, Amazon Devices and Mobile Devices; Prime Video Profiles. What are Prime Video Profiles? JFK: Years of Lightning, Days of Drums. Narrated by Gregory Peck, this documentary film honors President John F. Kennedy's years as president. It focuses on his public achievements in office, including the launching of the the successful resolution of the Cuban Missile Crisis, putting American astronauts into outer space, the signing of the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty, and Kennedy's original.
- You can easily search on Amazon Prime Video for the content you want to watch whether you're using your TV, mobile device, or computer.
- Select the 'Search' feature and then you can search by name, actor, director, and genre.
- On most devices, you can filter the results to only display movies and shows that are included with Prime Video for free.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
There are a lot of TV shows and movies available on Amazon Prime, which can make browsing for what you want time-consuming and inconvenient. Thankfully, you can search for specific titles easily, no matter if you're using the Prime Video app on a TV, mobile app, or in a browser on your computer.
My Amazon Prime Video Account
In addition to the title of the show, you can search for actor's names, directors, and even movie genres. And on most devices, you can filter the search results to only display shows that are included with Prime Video for free.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Amazon Prime (From $99.99 a year at Amazon)
Amazon Fire Stick 4K (From $49.99 at Amazon)
Roku Streaming Stick (From $49.99 at Best Buy)
How to search on Amazon Prime Video on your TV
For the most part, the Amazon app on smart TVs and in streaming media players like Roku and Fire TV all work the same way, though there might be minor variations depending on your TV or device. Here is how to search on your TV:
1. Start the Amazon app.
2. Use your remote or controller to select 'Search.'
Amazon Prime Video Search Settings© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Select “Search” from the menu bar at the top of the app. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
3. On the Search page, start typing the name of the show you are looking for.
4. After you type a few letters, search results should start to appear. When you see the show you want to watch, select it with the remote or controller.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider When you see the show you want, use your controller to select it. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
Amazon Prime Movie List
How to search on Amazon Prime Video on a mobile app
1. Start the Amazon app.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap 'Search.'© Dave Johnson/Business Insider On mobile apps, the “Search” tool is at the bottom of the screen. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
3. On the 'Search' page, start typing the name of the show you are looking for.
4. After you type a few letters, search results should start to appear.
5. If you want to only see results that are included for free with Prime Video membership, click 'Filter' at the top right of the screen, tap 'Ways to Watch,' and then tap 'Included with Prime.'© Dave Johnson/Business Insider On the results page, you can filter your results, including showing only videos that are free with Prime. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
How to search on Amazon Prime Video in a browser on your desktop
1. Open Prime Video in a browser and log in if you aren't already signed into your Amazon account.
2. Start typing the show you are looking for in the search box at the top of the screen.
3. As you type, you'll see suggestions appear in the dropdown menu. You can click a result you like, or press 'Enter' on the keyboard to go to the results page.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Choose a result or enter to select your keyword. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
4. If you want to only see results that are included for free with Prime Video membership, click the 'Prime' filter on the left side of the screen.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Click the 'Prime' filter to only see results included with your membership. Dave Johnson/Business Insider