From Windows Explorer, delete the old Google Drive folder from your computer. If you haven’t already done so, log in to your Georgetown Google Apps account. From your Web browser, go to the Google Drive File Stream home page. On the Google Drive Help page, click on Download for Windows. In the following pop-up window,.
- Download Google Drive File Stream Mac
- Download Google Drive File Stream
- Download Google Drive File Stream For Windows 7 32-bit
- Find your files on any device or computer using Google Drive, and see your photos in Google Photos. Upload and store files from any folder on your computer, camera, and SD cards in the cloud. You can find your content on any phone, tablet, or computer using Google Drive, and your photos and videos in Google Photos.
- Deploy Google Drive for desktop to your organization for a quick and easy way for you and your users to access your Drive files from your computer. With Drive for desktop, you stream your Drive files directly from the cloud to your Mac or PC, freeing up disk space and network bandwidth.
The Drive API supports three types of downloads:
- Downloads of files stored in Google Drive.
- Downloads of exported versions of Google Workspacefiles (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and so on) in formats that your app canhandle.
- Downloads of a file using the URL in the
The rest of this guide provides detailed instructions for performingthese types of downloads.
Download a file stored on Google Drive
To download a file stored on Google Drive, use thefiles.get method with the ID of the file todownload and the
alt=media URL parameter. The
alt=media URL parameter tellsthe server that a download of content is being requested.
alt=mediaURL parameter is asystem parameteravailable across all Google REST APIs. If you use a client library for theDrive API, you do not need to explicitly set this parameter.
The following code snippet shows how to download a file with the Drive APIclient libraries.
This snippet uses the
executeMediaAndDownloadTo() method whichadds the
alt=media URL parameter to the underlying HTTP request.
File downloads initiated from your app require at least read access to thefile. Your app must be authorized with a scope that allows file contentread access. For example, an app using the
drive.readonly.metadata scopewould not be authorized to download the file contents. Users with editpermission may restrict downloading by read-only users by setting the
labels.restricted field to
false. To learn more about scopes, refer toAuthenticate your users.
Files identified as abusive(malware, etc.) are only downloadable by the owner. Additionally, the queryparameter
acknowledgeAbuse=true must be included to indicate that the user hasacknowledged the risk of downloading potential malware. Your application shouldinteractively warn the user before using this query parameter.
Partial download involves downloading only a specified portion of a file. Youcan specify the portion of the file you want to download by using a byte rangewith the
Rangeheader. For example:
Download a Google Workspace Document
Download Google Workspace documents using thefiles.export method. Exports use the same
alt=media approach as downloading other content in Drive.
The snippet declares the MIME type for export as
application/pdf. For acomplete list of all MIME types supported for eachGoogle Workspace document, refer toGoogle Workspace documents and corresponding export MIME types
Download Google Drive File Stream Mac
Viewing files in a browser
Download Google Drive File Stream
Download Google Drive File Stream For Windows 7 32-bit
If you want to allow a user to view a file directly in a webbrowser instead of through the API, use the
webContentLink. You can eitherredirect a user to this URL, or offer it as a clickable link. The filemust be either owned by or shared with the user in order to view it.