If others have shared files and folders with you, then you will see those files and folder in 'Shared with me'. These files and folders will not sync to Google Drive folder on your computer unless you add them to 'My Drive' or individual folders which you have synced.
Drive File Stream Download Mac
Following are the steps to Sync Files and Folders of Shared With Me in Google Drive:
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Click 'Google Drive' icon on your computer. If you are using Mac, then you will see the icon located in the menu bar at the top right of your desktop screen. If you are using PC, then you will see the icon located in the task bar in the bottom right of your desktop screen.
- Click '3 vertical dots' icon located at the top right corner the screen.
- Select 'Preferences' option.
- Click 'Visit Shared with me' button.
- A 'Shared with me' in Google Drive on the web page opens up.
- Drag and drop files and folders from 'Shared with me' into 'My Drive' which you have synced.
Quick Tip to ensure your Photos never go missing
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Download Google File Stream Pc
Save disk space with OneDrive Files On-Demand for Mac. Save disk space with OneDrive Files On-Demand for Windows 10. However, if the situation is that when you open an online-only file, not only the file is downloaded, but also other online-only files are downloaded, you may try resetting OneDrive sync client and see if this issue can be fixed: 1. Files that I want to share with other people – Google Drive. Files that I want to share with myself – Dropbox. Of course, you could use these tools any way you want but that’s the way I have found myself using them. Here’s how to get Google Drive going. Setting up Google Drive Download the Google ‘Drive File Stream’ App from here. From your Web browser, go to the Google Drive File Stream home page. On the “Google Drive Help” page, click Download for Mac. If prompted, save the installer file to your Desktop. (If you’re not prompted, the file may have been saved in your Downloads folder.).