Follow the steps below to install and access Google Drive File Stream on a Windows machine:
File Stream Drive Google
FILESTREAM is a powerful feature in SQL Server that stores varbinary(max) column data (BLOBs) in the file system (where BLOBs belongs) rather than in the database’s structured file groups (where BLOBs kill performance). This feature was first introduced in SQL Server 2008, and is now being expanded with the new FileTable feature coming in SQL. Drive for desktop comes packaged with Google Update (Windows) or Google Software Update (Mac) to auto-update Drive for desktop on your users’ computers. To turn off auto-updates, depending on your user's device and system, follow the steps at Configure auto-updates (Windows) or Manage Chrome updates (CBCM). If you have problems installing Drive for desktop, restart the computer where you're. Filestream is a tool for connecting your Google Drive to your PC or Mac and accessing the files as though they were located right on your local drive. Filestream uses an advanced machine learning algorithm to help keep files you are likely to access synced to your computer so you can access them, even when you can't connect to the web.
- Do you currently have Google Drive Sync installed? If the answer is yes, go to step 2. If the answer is no, skip step 2 and go to step 3.
- Uninstall Google Drive Sync.
- Open Google Drive and select 'Download Drive File Stream for Windows' under Settings.
- Select the 'Download for Windows' blue button.
- The DriveFileStream.exe is now in Downloads and can be used to install File Stream. Execute (Open) the file.
- Sign in to Google Drive.
- Allow Drive File Stream to use the information listed.
- The process should take a couple of minutes, and you have successfully installed Google Drive File Stream.
You can access File Stream from the Task Bar or inside the Windows File Explorer.
Launch from the Task Bar
Launch from File Explorer
File Stream allows end users to work offline. To work offline right mouse click on a folder or file and select Drive File Stream, Available Offline.
Complete instructions can be found under Google Drive Help - Use work or school files on your computer with Drive File Stream.