Configure Your App to be a Default Browser Fulfilling Default Browser Requirements. Your app must specify the HTTP and HTTPS schemes in its Info.plist file. Using Default Browser Capabilities. Be an option for the user to choose as their default browser. Load pages from all. To set Firefox as the default browser on your iOS device, you must must have iOS 14 (or higher) and Firefox for iOS version 28.2 (or higher). If you see a display card, tap Go to Settings. Alternatively, you can open the Settings, then scroll down and tap Firefox. Tap Default Browser App. Choose Firefox from the list. 1 day ago I recently made a browser for iOS in Xcode using Swift. I can't seem to find documentation or code that allows my users to make my iOS application their default browser in settings, like you can for Brave, DuckDuckGo, et al. Any help would be appreciated.
Before you begin
- Make sure that you have iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 or later, and that you have the app properly installed on your device.
- Make sure that the web browser app or email app supports this feature. If you aren't sure, contact the app developer.
How to change your default web browser or email app
- Go to Settings and scroll down until you find the browser app or the email app.
- Tap the app, then tap Default Browser App or Default Mail App.
- Select a web browser or email app to set it as the default. A checkmark appears to confirm it's the default.
If you don't see the option to set a web browser or email app as your default, the developer might not support it. Contact the app developer to learn more.
Ios Default Browser Ios 13
If you delete a web browser app, your device will set Safari as the default browser app. If you delete the Safari app, your device will set one of your other web browser apps as the default. To use the Safari app again, you'll need to reinstall it on your device.
Ios Default Browser
If you delete an email app, your device will set the Mail app as the default. If you delete the Mail app, your device will set one of your other email apps as the default. To use the Mail app again, you'll need to re-install it on your device.