With everything you need to memorize, you need a tool to help you organize your ideas. A mind map maker will allow you to better sort your thoughts and ideas. This article provides the top 10 free mind map software. Check out these amazing mind mapping tools below.
To create free mind maps you need a free online mind map maker. There are tools that offer trials (a limited number of days when you can use it) or free accounts (unlimited). With Mindomo you can create a free account which doesn’t have any deadline. However, it also has a premium version which offers many more features.
Mindomo (Mindomo is free for up to 3 maps with the upgrade from £23/$36 a year for unlimited mindmaps, 1GB storage, iPad and Android sync and a range of export formats. Start your mapping journey with Mindomo. Start your journey with a free online mind map maker. Enjoy all the benefits of Mindomo by creating the type of account that suits you best: Student, Teacher, Work or Personal. Sign up for a free account. Download Mindomo app for Android. Mind mapping made easy.
Best Free Mind Map Software
First off is GitMind. This amazing free mind map tool allows you to arrange your thoughts and ideas by listing them one by one in a diagram format. Another special feature is that it has an outline function that helps you create essay outlines fast and easy. This is where you can group, organize, and see an overview of your mind map in a linear form. Moreover, project planning and team development will be a lot easier with its collaboration feature. Check this amazing tool with the following steps.
- Search “GitMind” on your browser and go to the template gallery to select your desired mind map template.
- Input your thoughts and ideas and if you want to customize your mindmap, you may proceed to the layout options.
- Finally, save it by clicking the “Save” icon or you may get it by hitting the “Export” icon.
- It has a full change history feature so you can preview and edit your map anytime.
- Can save to image or HTML.
- For small businesses only.
Another tool that is a great resource to arrange your ideas is Bubbl.us. It has tabs ribbon that shows you the list of all the currently opened mind maps on the interface. With countless concepts, you’ll surely find the perfect visual aid for your idea. Moreover, its premium version offers unlimited mind maps, a real-time collaboration, history revision for your mind maps.
Coggle (Web, Android, iOS)
- Can add Mathematical formulae.
- Can export .mm and text.
- Cannot combine maps.
Coggle offers a structured and interactive way of making mind maps quickly and easily as its interface shows a list of handy shortcuts for editing purposes. One great point is you can share it with others to give different levels of access to your map. Moreover, you may also set permission to your collaborative group into an organization, by individuals, and on a private link.
FreeMind (Windows, macOS, Linux)
- Its map can be exported to HTML and XHTML
- Offers built-in icons
- Lacks emoticons for designs.
Another free mind map software we listed here for you is FreeMind. This is an amazing tool written in Java where it covers a wide range of exporting capabilities on multiple platforms such as on Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux. Moreover, its export feature offers a flash-based way of converting your file into HTML and XHTML.
- Integrates with Google and saves its data to Google Drive
- Offers “Measurements” feature where you can visualize and manage money, time and effort and help you to plan, budget, and control the breakdown of your budget tasks.
- Difficult to add extra information to nodes.
MindMup is another great application. This tool helps you create a mind map and is very easy to use with a simple and lightweight interface. Moreover, you may create outlines for your documents and presentations for free. Furthermore, using this tool also allows you to convert your maps seamlessly to PDF, PPT, etc., and you may publish and share your mind maps online. Not to mention an online program which only needs a browser to work. On that note, you may also want to check out other best online mind map makers.
XMind (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS)
- Offers a slide-based presentation mode.
- Allow you to make different charts such as business charts, org charts, tree charts and many more.
- Slow-running application.
XMind is an open-source mind map application that offers Microsoft commercial extensions with Microsoft Excel-like functions and features where you can open, rename, and duplicate multiple sheets in one map. Another thing that makes it unique from the rest of the tools is that it has a “Matrix” chart to make an in-depth comparison for your analysis content.
Draw.io (Web, Windows, macOS)
- Great for process mapping.
- It offers great output without losing its quality.
- Its performance can be laggy when making a complex map
Draw.io is very useful when it comes to making mind maps. It’s simple and provides a large collection of default themes and templates that you may use to style your diagram. Also, it is compatible with a number of advanced cloud storage services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. Its unique feature is that you may integrate this tool with Jira and Confluence.
Mindomo (Web, Windows, macOS, Android and iOS)
- It has a playback mode wherein you can review the changes you’ve made.
- Has notes features where you can add links, notes, images, tasks and many more.
- It does not offer a workflow diagram.
Mindomo is a precision-based mind map software that is available on both web and desktop platforms. Also, it allows you to access existing maps made from Mindomo, MindManager/Mindjet files (.mmap), FreeMind files (.mm), Mindmeister file (.mind), XMind file (.xmind), Bubbl.us file (.xml), OPML file (.opml), and Text file (.txt) with its import feature. Another unique point is that it has a playback mode where you can preview how your map was built.
SmartDraw (Web, Windows, macOS)
- It can easily produce clean and professional mind maps.
- It offers basic floor plans and Architectural Symbol Library.
- It does not offer a multi-user collaboration.
SmartDraw is another great application we recommend. This tool uses automation to create mind maps quickly and easily. It also offers a vast range of templates that include different fields such as legal, as well as in medical. Meanwhile, having a lot of symbols in its object libraries is what makes it unique to other mind making tools.
Ayoa (Web, Windows, macOS, Android and iOS)
Mindomo online, free download
- It allows you to save on Dropbox, Google Drive, and on Social Media sites.
- It offers a lot of free themes and templates.
- Color choices are limited to its layout options.
Mindomo online, free Movies
Finally, we have Ayoa. Aside from being a free mind map app, it also offers a different kind of mind mapping feature where you can see the mind map as a task board. Also, it has “My Planner” which you may use to schedule each event, plans, errands, and other tasks to help save your time.
Mindomo online, free Movie
These are the top 10 free mind map software to assist you in collecting and arranging your thoughts and ideas quickly and easily. With these tools, you may be able to save more time and effort making mind maps, as well as to share them with your teammates online.