For Prime eligible content, you need Prime membership to start or join a Watch Party. You can also choose to use Watch Party to watch content available to buy or rent with friends and family. Every participant will need to buy or rent the video, similar to watching it on your own. This sophisticated, smash-hit comedy from Bright/Kauffman/Crane Productions offers a hilarious look at the anxieties and absurdities of friendship, careers and dating for six close friends living in New York City.© Provided by Business Insider Amazon Watch Party is comparable to Hulu's Watch Party or the Teleparty extension. JGI/Jamie Grill
- Amazon Watch Party allows you to watch and chat about your favorite shows and movies simultaneously with friends and family remotely.
- Up to 100 people can watch entertainment and chat simultaneously, but they need to have an Amazon Prime membership to use the feature.
- Watch Party is currently still in beta and only available in select countries.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Finding ways to enjoy fun activities with our loved ones from a distance is more important than ever. Following the swell of interest in Netflix Watch Party - now Teleparty - other streaming platforms began releasing their own remote watch tools to help friends and family enjoy their favorite shows and movies while miles apart.
That includes Prime Video's Amazon Watch Party, a more recent introduction from the streaming platform behind hits like 'The Expanse,' 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,' 'Fleabag,' and 'The Boys.' It allows up to 100 people to enjoy their favorite TV show or movie together, watching and chatting simultaneously from wherever they are.
You'll need an Amazon Prime account to start a Watch Party, and you'll be limited to streaming titles only from Amazon's Prime Video library. Luckily, that's more than 15,000 movies and TV shows to choose from, so there should be something for everyone.
You can host an Amazon Watch Party on all desktop browsers except for Safari and Internet Explorer. At the current time, the feature is not available on mobile devices. It is also currently in beta, meaning you may notice some errors or other issues while using it, even on the devices it's compatible with.
If you're interested in starting an Amazon Watch Party, it's easy - here's how to do it.
How to use Amazon Watch Party on Prime Video
1. Log into your Amazon account.
Video: Parler CEO responds after Amazon shuts down company's servers (FOX News)
2. Go to Amazon's Prime Video section and search for any title available in the streamer's library.
3. In the media options, click 'Watch Party' to launch the feature.© Jennifer Still/Business Insider Look for the 'Watch Party' button to begin. Jennifer Still/Business Insider
Prime Video With Friends
4. Enter the name you want to use for the chat. This could be your actual name or a screen name of your choice.© Jennifer Still/Business Insider You'll need to identify yourself before you can begin watching. Jennifer Still/Business Insider
5. Once your name is entered, click 'Create Watch Party.'
Watch Prime With Friends
6. To begin inviting friends, share the customized link that appears to the video's right by copy and pasting it into an email, instant messaging app, or your preferred method of communication.
7. If you prefer, you can also choose to Share directly using Facebook, Twitter, or email.© Jennifer Still/Business Insider Share the link with your fellow watchers to start streaming together. Jennifer Still/Business Insider