“ From our point of view is sigil a (new or unique) symbol, which is created for one special purpose: to express & manifest certain desire. Magical purpose of sigil is to create a sign or an image, which represents our desire and carries its essence. Carries essence doesn't mean, that it is a pictogram or an icon, which resembles the meaning of our desire.
Sep 3, 2020 - Explore Sigil Daily's board 'Sigils For Health and Healing', followed by 1011 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about sigil magic, sigil, wiccan symbols. Sigil magic and candle magic work exceptionally well together. Carve your sigil onto the candle and then let it burn away completely to slowly and powerfully release the energy of your spell. Because white candles can be used in place of any other colour that your spell states, these white beeswax tapers are great to have around the house.
What Are Sigils
What are sigils, glyphs, and visual spells? If you look up the definition of sigil you will probably get something to the effect of a symbol used in magic or in a spell, while this is true, it is but a layer of a much bigger onion. Think of visual spells and glyphs the way you would modern-day graphic design, sound crazy huh? The basic premise is that an abstract image is used to convey a concrete meaning, in this case, it represents the will or the intention of the practitioner. You are basically putting your intentions in visual form, a lot of information that can be invoked by a simple image.
Magic spells or logo?
So how is a Wiccan Sigil different from a logo or some other graphic? Truth is the basic idea is similar, the word logos was the Greek word for “reason”, it also meant “word”, to speak reason without words but rather images. Some logos are in fact visual spells or glyphs called by another name. Take the cross, for example, it is a brilliant design where one line (horizontal) represents the profane intersecting with (vertical) another line representing the divine, and in that intersection of the profane and the divine lies man. Or the Tao, a perfect representation of Equilibrium, balance, and Harmony, concepts that are very abstract and yet easily defined by these visuals
A Magic symbol you will likely be very familiar with is the pentacle or the five-point star, it is commonplace in all things Wicca and pagan, and just like the images mentioned earlier have a definite meaning. Each angle or point represents one of the four elements, fire, water, earth, and wind while the crowning point represents the spirit. The 5th element if you will, all combined makes up mankind, four elements graced by the spirit.
The power of Visual spells
How Do Sigils Work
Why would these images have any power? It can be said that visual language (sigils and spells!) is closer to the truth. Let me explain, spoken language is basically the convention of the many agreeing on a sound having a particular meaning, but only for those in that convention, venture outside of it and no one will understand the sound, hardly a universal truth. On the other hand, few would find it difficult to understand the meaning of a ying-yang regardless of their spoken language. One is an agreement, a social construct, the other is a representation of a universal thing.
Let’s put this aside for a minute and take another thing into consideration. We know that intention carries power, now imagine a symbol that millions if not billions of people have attributed meaning to, an intention…over eons. Now you can see how useful visual symbols can be and why they have been used for millennia and continue to be used today. if you imagine an image as a battery and the intention or will of people as its energy you can visualize the massive amount of charge it would have and why we use them.
So how do I work Sigils and make visual spells?
The way I work a visual spell is simple, I enter a meditative state and after about 20 minutes of being as deep as I can be, I pick up my stylus and do what is commonly referred to as automatic writing, I try to take myself out of the equation and allow my inner consciousness to write or design bypassing me and thus making it more direct. But, write or design what? Whatever intention I have been focusing on during that meditative state of course 😊 so at the end of the day it all comes down to intention. Curious to know what that looks like? Browse through the and just think, you can be casting a spell every time you wear that shirt!
Some explanations see the origin of the word sigil in latin word siggilum, which means “seal'. Or it is also possible, that it came from a Hebrew 'seagull', which means “word, action or item of spiritual effect.“ From our point of view is sigil a (new or unique) symbol, which is created for one special purpose: to express & manifest certain desire.
Magical purpose of sigil is to create a sign or an image, which represents our desire and carries its essence. Carries essence doesn't mean, that it is a pictogram or an icon, which resembles the meaning of our desire. No, in fact, it is better, if on the first sight it is something, what our mind cannot understand or analyse. The purpose is to overpass the mind. Sigil is a message to our unconsciousness, the call for change or action or transformation, which we normally cannot achieve, because of the limits of our rational self, the mind.
How to create a sigil?
Sigil Magic Spells
Sigil magic includes several steps. In order to be successful, one has to pay proper attention to every step: 1. Definition of desire 2. Creation of sigil 3. Work with sigil (charging sigil with energy) 4. Final merge (symbol flows into the unconsciousness) 5. Forgetting the sigil
1. How to define your desire? It is very important to pay the proper attention to define, what exactly you want. Good definition is concise, clear and positive. Don’t speak about what you don’t want! Speak about what you wish, about desired result! Let your intuition to speak. Is this desire good for me? Will it bring me what I need? Doesn’t come this desire only as a reaction to the expectations of the people around me and the society??
2. How to create a sigil? We offer here two simple methods, how to create your sigil. There is no “good' or “bad' way how to create it. So, you cannot make it “wrong”! You just have to follow your feelings, your intuition. Creating your own sigil is always better than some sigil from others. It has your essence inside and it is you, who knows the best, how to speak to the deep layers inside of you!
Method A: for people who prefer to work with words.
For example, you want to succeed in some situation you may decide, that the keyword for your desire is the word “SUCCESS”. First step is to get rid of all double letters, that means, we will work with letters “SUCE'. Then we combine the remaining letters to form we feel “right' or “nice”. See the work with the letters on the picture.
If you need to describe your desire will more words, don’t use “I want…' formulation! I want in the language of the World means, that you have a lack of something, you don’t have something and you want to keep this state! You should always formulate in present and begin with “I am….'
Method B: for people who prefer to work with images.
We will again work with the word “SUCCESS”. You will need several sheets of paper and a pen. First step is to calm down, so sit down and relax. Focus strongly on your desire. Now close your eyes. Take the pen. Allow your hand to wander freely through the paper, without your intervention (automatic drawing). Do it till you feel it is enough. (See picture 1.)Then relax even more, while being focused on your desire. Then look directly at the paper. What is the very first shape/part/thing of it that catches your eye? Highlight it. (See picture 2.) Then, draw it to new paper. Look at it and 'correct it' as you feel is right. (See picture 3.) My sigil turned to a personal symbol with meaning, but it is not necessary. Sometimes it is better to have it in form of pleasant shape, so that you can forget its meaning soon…
3. How to charge sigil with energy? Creation of the sigil is not the end of our work. We have to work with it further, otherwise it has no meaning! We put the sigil to some visible place, so that we can see it often. Don’t memorise your intention every time you look at the sigil! In fact, you have to forget it! Best way, how to charge it, is to feel it. Be relaxed, prepared to “play' and then, with thinking, feel the emotion of victory. How would you feel, if the desire is fulfilled right now? Feel the result every time you look at the sigil.
4. How to merge sigil with the powers of unconsciousness? Words and logic cannot penetrate into our unconsciousness. In fact, to use mind in this process is to create opposite effect- we cannot believe in what is not our present reality and channel to unconsciousness is locked. On the other side, our irrational part understands pictures and feelings. It doesn’t care, if something is real or not. The way is simple: to create image with the help of mind and then forget the meaning, so that mind cannot interfere. To activate sigil means to allow the image to flow into our deeper levels and work there! Best way how to do that, is in trance, or meditation. Meditation and relaxed state should help us to stop logical thinking and allow the sigil to work.
5. Forget everything.This step is maybe the hardest to do. Why I should forget my desire, when I payed so much attention to it? It is matter of trust. You did your best and you know, that thing are moving. You don’t need to focus on it anymore. In fact, more you interfere, more you disturb the results. So, let the hidden powers to work and one day, you will realise with a genuine surprise, that you have, what you want, that you are, who you wanted to be!
Observe the situation. When you feel that the desire is manifesting, let the sigil go. You can, for example, burn it and bury the ashes under a strong tree, or let the wind take it to the world…
Sigils For Magick Tattoo Patterns
Write us here:
Or Call us:
+421 948 116 834
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up.