Getting started with Google Stadia on your iPhone or iPad is easier than you think, albeit you won't use the Google Stadia app on the App Store. Instead, you'll need to play from your Safari app. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Safari app. Go to Stadia.com. Dec 28, 2020 Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad. Navigate to stadia.google.com. Tap the Share icon in the bottom menu bar. From the menu that appears, scroll down and select Add to Home Screen. Customize the title if you want to. Tap the Add button in the top right-hand corner. Stadia can be played with a variety of gamepads on a computer, on a TV with a Chromecast Ultra, and on compatible mobile devices, including: Pixel 2, 2XL, 3, 3XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4XL, 4a, 4a (5G), 5. How To Play Stadia Games On An iOS Device. On your iPhone or iPad, launch the Safari browser. Go to stadia.com and sign into your Stadia account. You will be greeted by a prompt that lets you know you can play Stadia games in your browser, tap “Got it”. Tap the Share button on Safari and select “Add to Home Screen”.
Apple says that they’ve relaxed the rules of the App Store to allow game streaming services, but unfortunately, there are still quite a lot of somewhat unrealistic restrictions in place that would make it difficult, if not impossible, to get a game streaming app onto the App Store officially.
This means that iOS gamers are out of luck when it comes to game streaming, or are they? If you are thinking of subscribing to Google Stadia but own an iPhone or iPad but still want to be able to play games through the service, you’re in luck because it’s actually pretty easy to do so.
The best part is that there is no jailbreaking involved, no hacks, and no sideloading of apps. This is thanks to Google finding a workaround through Safari, so here’s what you need to do.
How To Play Stadia Games On An iOS Device
- On your iPhone or iPad, launch the Safari browser
- Go to stadia.com and sign into your Stadia account
- You will be greeted by a prompt that lets you know you can play Stadia games in your browser, tap “Got it”
- Tap the Share button on Safari and select “Add to Home Screen”. This step is optional but it will help you launch Stadia quickly instead of you having to navigate to Stadia’s website whenever you want to play games
Setting Up The Stadia Controller With Your iOS Device
- Download and install the Stadia app if you haven’t done so already
- Launch the app
- Press and hold the Stadia button on your controller until you feel it vibrate twice
- Tap the Controller icon at the top of the screen
- Enter the linking code by pressing the corresponding buttons shown on your screen
Playing With Non-Stadia Controllers
Google Stadia does support the use of non-Stadia controllers. All you need to do is ensure that you have a Bluetooth compatible controller that is able to pair with your iPhone or iPad. For console controllers, right now the Sony PS4 and Xbox One controllers are supported, but for other brands, you’ll have to check with the manufacturer to make sure that they are compatible with iOS devices.
Filed in . Read more about Google, iOS, iPad, iPhone and Stadia.
Stadia Iphone 12
At the moment, Google Stadia is not officially available on the iPhone. This is largely due to Apple’s rules which made it almost impossible for such services to launch on the iOS platform. The company has made some changes to its App Store rules that opens the door for game streaming services, but they are still pretty strict and restrictive, so we’re not sure when we’ll start seeing these services launch.
That being said, if you are a Google Stadia user who wants to play Stadia games on their iPhone, you’re in luck because thanks to a post on Reddit by u/zmknox, it seems that they have discovered a workaround that will get Stadia up and running on your iPhone. If this sounds like something you might be interested in, then read on to find out what you need to do to start playing Stadia games on your iOS device.
How to stream Stadia games on your iPhone
- Download and install the Stadium browser app
- Set the primary URL of the browser to https://stadia.google.com/home
- Set the user agent to Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/85.0.4183.83 Safari/537.36
- Set the Override Custom User Agent String to Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15
- Tap on the icon with three dots and select Authenticate and go to https://accounts.google.com/
- Sign in with your Google account and you’re good to go
- Now whenever you want to play Stadia, just launch the Stadium browser and select your game and you’re off to the races!
Stadia Iphone Support
In terms of compatible controllers, it seems that pretty much any MFi controller will work with Stadia running on the iPhone, including the Xbox One S and Elite Series 2 controllers, and Sony’s DualShock 4 controllers. For those hoping to use the Google Stadia controller, it seems that for now, you’d be out of luck as Google appears to have some kind of settings that stops it from working on iOS devices.Bestseller No. 1 Rotor Riot Mfi Certified Gamepad Controller for iOS iPhone - Wired with L3 + R3 Buttons, Power Pass...
- THE ONLY MFI CONTROLLER WITH L3 R3: Rotor Riot offers the ONLY mfi certified gamepad controller on the market with L3 R3 functionality, and is compatible with many of your favorite games
- LAG AND LATENCY FREE: Experience uninterrupted gameplay with no lag time or latency with our wired controller. Be able to compete in your battle royale games with agility and clear picture without...
- CHARGE AS YOU PLAY: Our latest version offers pass through charging for unlimited gaming without draining your iphone or ipad. Forget the batteries, just plug and play
- 【Universal Compatibility】T4 pro Wireless Game Controller Comes with Phone Bracket. It supports Android phones and tablets, Windows XP/ 7/8/10 ( Not Support Bluetooth Connection), macOS and Deeply...
- 【Semi-transparen Cover.RGB Backlighting】Semi-transparent cover specially treated with matte finish shows excellent contents.Stunning colorful LED backlight on ABXY buttons and right joystick glows...
- 【Dual Vibration.And Configurable Keys】Asymmetric vibrating motor with 5 speed levels enhances immersion in games. Provides real-time and realistic gaming experience.Configurable M1 - M4 Buttons...
- Apple MFi Certified Game Controller : PXN game controller are officially certified by Apple. Requires iOS 7/ iOS 8 or later, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, 12 Pro,12 Pro Max, iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro...
- Compatible with MFI Games : Don't need keymapping, just connection and play. Support App Store mobile games, such as Call of Duty, Fortnite, Minecraft, Real Racing 3, Implosion - Never Lose Hope,...
- Pressure sensitive buttons offer precise control. No lag time or latency with our controller. Special finish on surface for consistent grip when playing, give you a comfortable feel.
While this is hardly an official or maybe long-term solution, it is one of the easiest and cleanest workarounds we’ve seen. We imagine that it’s only a matter of time before Stadia launches on iOS officially, but for now, if you absolutely have to play Stadia on your iPhone, then this is what you need to do.
Note: this article may contain affiliate links that help support our authors and keep the Phandroid servers running.
Stadia Iphone 12 Pro Max