We are the Tor Project, a 501(c)(3) US nonprofit. We advance human rights and defend your privacy online through free software and open networks. Download Tor Browser. Download Tor Browser to experience real private browsing without tracking, surveillance, or censorship. Download Tor Browser. Download Tor Browser to experience real private browsing without tracking, surveillance, or censorship. Get monthly updates and opportunities from the Tor Project: Sign up. Trademark, copyright notices, and rules for use by third parties can be found in our FAQ.
You should be able to start browsing the web using Tor Browser shortly after running the program, and clicking the “Connect” button if you are using it for the first time.
If Tor Browser doesn’t connect, there may be a simple solution.Try each of the following:
- Your computer’s system clock must be set correctly, or Tor will not be able to connect.
- Make sure another Tor Browser or instance of 'Tor' is not already running on your system.If you’re not sure if Tor Browser is running, restart your computer.
- Make sure that any antivirus program you have installed is not preventing Tor from running.You may need to consult the documentation for your antivirus software if you do not know how to do this.
- Temporarily disable your firewall.
- If Tor Browser was working before and is not working now your system may have been hibernating.A reboot of your system will solve the issue.
- Delete Tor Browser and install it again.If updating, do not just overwrite your previous Tor Browser files; ensure they are fully deleted beforehand.
VIEW TOR LOGS
In most cases, taking a look at the Tor logs can be helpful in diagnosing the issue.If you’re having trouble connecting, an error message may appear and you can select the option to 'copy Tor log to clipboard'.Then paste the Tor log into a text file or other document.
If you don't see this option and you have Tor Browser open, you can navigate to the hamburger menu ('≡'), then click on 'Preferences', and finally on 'Tor' in the side bar.At the bottom of the page, next to the 'View the Tor logs' text, click the button 'View Logs...'.
Alternatively, on GNU/Linux, to view the logs right in the terminal, navigate to the Tor Browser directory and launch the Tor Browser from the command line by running:
Or to save the logs to a file (default: tor-browser.log):
./start-tor-browser.desktop --log [file]
More information on this can be found on the Support Portal.
IS YOUR CONNECTION CENSORED?
If you still can’t connect, your Internet Service Provider might be censoring connections to the Tor network.Read the Circumvention section for possible solutions.
Tor Browser is under constant development, and some issues are known about but not yet fixed.Please check the Known Issues page to see if the problem you are experiencing is already listed there.
Tor 10.0.16 (or The Onion Router) is a free software for enabling online anonymity. Tor directs Internet traffic through a free, worldwide, volunteer network consisting of more than four thousand relays to conceal a user's location or usage from anyone conducting network surveillance or traffic analysis. Using Tor makes it more difficult to trace Internet activity, including 'visits to Web sites, online posts, instant messages, and other communication forms', back to the user and is intended to protect the personal privacy of users, as well as their freedom and ability to conduct confidential business by keeping their internet activities from being monitored. This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system/platform without restrictions. Tor is available to all software users as a free download for Windows.Does Tor work on my version of Windows?
Older versions of Windows often have trouble running modern software and thus Tor may run into errors if you're running something like Windows XP. Conversely, much older software that hasn't been updated in years may run into errors while running on newer operating systems like Windows 10. You can always try running older programs in compatibility mode.
Officially supported operating systems include Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.What versions of Tor are available?
The current version of Tor is 10.0.16 and is the latest version since we last checked. This is the full offline installer setup file for PC. This site has hosted other versions of it in the past such as 10.0.15, 10.0.12, 10.0.11, 10.0.10 and 10.0.9. At the moment, only the latest version is available.
Tor Project Download 32 BitWhat type of graphical file formats are supported?
Tor Project Download Free
Tor supports over 3 common image formats including EPS, MPO and PLY.
Alternatives to Tor available for download
- Tor (Expert Bundle)Free Onion client that connects to and browses the visible web as well as the so-called dark web with full privacy.
- TunnelBearFree VPN application that can mask IP address, provide anonymous browsing and make it appear you're surfing from countries like the USA, UK, Canada and...
- OliveSoftware which enables circumvention of regional restrictions.
- ZenMateA Google Chrome addon which adds a layer of anonymity hiding your IP address and circumventing region restrictions and censorship.
- Tor Browser BundleFully anonymous web browser within the web and access to the so-called deep-web Onion network.